Invented in the early 1900s at the Casino at Narragansett Pier in Rhode Island.
Just add the Kam’s Chili Sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 24 small hard shelled clams
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kam’s Chili Sauce
- Shuck the clams by prying each open with a knife. Cut the clam from the shell. Slit the skin of the clam’s siphon (neck) and pull off and discard the tough skin. Scrub the bottom shells and discard the tops.
- Place a clam in each bottom shell and place the shells on a baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, onion, bell pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the butter mixture into each clam. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and Kam’s Chili Sauce on top.
- Broil for 3 minutes, until the butter is bubbling. Serve hot.