You cannot teach a crab to walk straight.
1 ½ C. Peaches
½ C. Pineapple
1 Fresh Jalapeno (diced)
1 Fresh Lime Juice
5 Tbsp. Purple Onion (chopped)
¼ C. Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce
2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
Chop and combine all ingredients.
Salt & Pepper to taste. Put mixture in the fridge for 1 hrs. to marinate. Great on grilled fish!
From the kitchen of: Kam’s Kettle Cooked
It took me years to eat a lot of shellfish. I was probably 20 years old before I had even seen a shrimp cocktail. I like oysters, but fried.
Chilled Shrimp Peach Martini
1 lb Raw peeled shrimp (add scallops too if u like!)
1 Cp Fresh Peaches Diced, or Nectarines
1 Cp Fresh Watermelon Diced (seedless) 1/2 Cp Juice
1 fresh lime anf 1 fresh lemon for juice
1/2 Cp Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce
1/2 Cp Fresh Cilantro (chopped), 1/4 Cp Chopped Jelapenos
1/2 Cp Fresh Chopped Tomato or Cherrie Tomato’s (halved)
1/2 Cp Purple Onion (diced), 1 Avocado (diced)
Par-cook peeled shrimp in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and place in a mixing bowl for marinating.
Add to shrimp: Kam’s Chili Sauce, lime juice, watermelon juice, tomatos, onion, avocado and cilantro. Salt & Pepper to taste. Put mixture in the fridge for 2 hrs. to marinate. Serve in Martini glass garnished with a lime wheel and cilantro.
Chili Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
12 large raw shrimp (16/20’s or so) peeled and deveined
1 lemon, cut in wedges
6 oz. Kam’s Kettle Cooked Chili Sauce (Sweet or Hot)
12 slices thin cut bacon or prosciutto
toothpicks or skewers (soak in water 30 min.)
Pre-cook bacon on one side on baking sheet at 325 degree F. for 5 minutes then drain on paper towels (No need to pre-cook prosciutto). Wrap each shrimp with half slice of bacon or prosciutto by working from head to tail. Secure in place with picks or skewer. Generously coat each shrimp with chili sauce. Grill on high for 3 minutes per side until shrimp is pink and curled, and bacon is crisp. Re-Coat shrimp as desired and serve with lemon wedges.
Optional: Bake in advance! Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 14 minutes, turning once. Wrap in foil to transport, don’t lose the juice, it’s the best part!
From the kitchen of:Kam’s Kettle Cooked
Crabmeat Au Gratin mixed in and topped with Kam’s Chili Sauce.
You cannot teach a crab to walk straight. Aristophanes
Crab Au Gratin
2 C. Crab Meat (lump is best)
4 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1/4 C. Cracker Crumbs (Ritz or panko crumbs)
2 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. Kam’s Chili Sauce
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
Serve in a Scallop shell, Crab Shell or a ramekin top with additional crumbs.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
Invented in the early 1900s at the Casino at Narragansett Pier in Rhode Island.
Just add the Kam’s Chili Sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 24 small hard shelled clams
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kam’s Chili Sauce
- Shuck the clams by prying each open with a knife. Cut the clam from the shell. Slit the skin of the clam’s siphon (neck) and pull off and discard the tough skin. Scrub the bottom shells and discard the tops.
- Place a clam in each bottom shell and place the shells on a baking sheet.
- Combine the butter, onion, bell pepper, parsley, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and mix well.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the butter mixture into each clam. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon and Kam’s Chili Sauce on top.
- Broil for 3 minutes, until the butter is bubbling. Serve hot.